Old August 4th 15, 12:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Default Anniversary

"Nann" wrote in message

Twenty years ago yesterday -- August 2, 1995: my first post to RCTQ. I lived
in Fargo then. The public television station offered inexpensive internet
(email) access -- two hours a day. The service included a range of UseNet
Newsgroups, among them RCTQ. I was a novice at both quilting and the
internet back then. RCTQ provided a wonderful community, a virtual quilt
guild, acquaintances that I value, and friendships that I treasure.

Nann

I've been on the computer since the mid 90's and that is when I found the
sewing and quilting newsgroups and I have truly enjoyed them and learned a
lot, and met many friends! It's great that these groups have many talented
people willing to help one another learn!
Barbara in dry SC