Old November 4th 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Joanna

Default thin crust of glaze

Hello everyone,

I have small question about glazing and glazes. The problem is as follows:

I've bought recently an excellent glaze (Botz from Germany), it's really
good, it made some thin crust on the surface and the glaze stick really hard
and not peel off during touching and moving to the kiln.
I have another glaze that has beautiful color but is completely awful to
work with it because of its looseness. It is like a powder and peel off
during the slightness touch.
Now I use a hair spray - it is good solution but it is not environment
friendly way to deal with this problem. I wonder can I add something to my
glaze to improve its feature, some flour, some honey, maybe a sugar? Maybe
instead of spraying should wet my stuff in some varnish ?

Would someone be so kind and help me? I would be grateful for any
suggestion.

greeting from Poland, Europe
Joanna