Old September 17th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

Default Changing tastes - natural gems vs. dyed

Karleen and Becki,
I agree with you about the lucite beads. Though I must admit, I'm
tempted by the flower shapes, especially the long tubular ones. I find
myself looking at them (haven't bought any yet) at this one LBS I go
to. They would make great earrings and lightweight earrings are always
a plus for me. Not to mention the gorgeous shades of hot pink, deep
purple and orange they feature. I'll let you know if I succumb to
temptation!!
One of my fellow designers has made a fortune re-designing with
vintage Bakelite. I don't like Bakelite either, it just looks cheap to
me, I can't believe the prices they are getting for it.

Patti
www.pattiwhiteley.com