Old May 25th 04, 09:54 PM
FKBABB

I have the Vogue patterns for Mission-style pillows, and they
recommend regular DMC floss, but this doesn't feel "authentic" to me.
BRBR

Actually, DMC cotton floss is completely authentic. The company has been in
business since the mid-19th century and hasn't even changed its color numbers.
I have several DMC books of patterns originally published from about 1890-1910
and in all their cotton floss is the first thread recommended, though most note
that linen or silk threads can be used as well (DMC brand, of course!), and
either perle or regular floss.

HTH, Annie