Old October 15th 03, 11:31 PM
macon

One ball. 215 rows, left me with enough for fringe.
Yes it does curl, but it seems to add to its niceness. I used a
turquoise/yellow varigated.
It is $14.95 a ball here in Ontario, but is readily available in numerous
colours.
I'm very pleased with it.

MAC, On.Ca

"Helen "Halla" Fleischer" wrote in message
Ooh, sounds lovely. How many balls did you use? Does it curl?

When I knit a ribbed Eros scarf on the machine for a friend who didn't

mind
it being narrow, I also used the loosest tension, but I did feed it

through
the mast. I managed the ball by putting it in an old coffee can and
threading it out through hole punched in the plastic lid.

| On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:50:15 -0400, "macon" wrote:

I knit the following scarf. 60 inches long.

Using EROS herwool, a 100%Nylon/Polyamid fancy yarn, made in Italy, 50
gm/150 metres (165 yds) A ribbon type yarn.

Chunky machine, 9mm, Tension 10 and hand fed.
Cast-on 20 stitches.
Knit 4 rows,

*Move 2nd stitch from right onto its left side needle. Continue to

transfer
stitches (EON) every other needle across the bed. Leave empty needles in
work.
Knit 3 rows.
Repeat *

This will make a lacy looking pattern.

Knit a total of 215 rows. Cast-off loosly.

Fringe if desired. 7 wraps around the small side of a paperback book.

This
will use up the left over yarn.

Enjoy,
MAC, On. Ca.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/