Old January 4th 10, 12:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate T.

Default Log Cabin Quilt

Oh so many responses and I hope I can answer them all. First of all
thank you all for jumping in with answers to my questions.

As fer bein' my feller, I kinda adopted him.

I was thinking of doing the 42 inch strips but Leslie I want to thank
you for saying to cut the logs to the length called for in the
pattern. Instead of fussing with the long strips I can cut one strip
the for the desired length then cut individual longs the width I
need. That way I can concentrate more on keeping the scant quarter
inch seam than fighting with several blocks sewn wrong at once.

I've been drawn to the barn raising layout since he is building a log
cabin and I could name it "cabin raising, a new beginning". And now
to the colors, Well Hum-m-m-m.

I do have some orange for the center block. Its not the zinger bright
orange nor is it burnt orange. It is from some ombre fabric I picked
up a year ago. The ombre goes from very pale orange to dark orange.

Got to go look at the patterns to see which block pattern I like.

Another question, should I press the seams open or not. Decisions,
Decisions, Decisions.

Kate T. South Mississippi where it is 29 degrees and getting COLDER.