Old May 17th 04, 03:25 PM

Default Kiln question

Hello all,
I've read similar postings over the past few years, but I guess I didn't pay
attention to the answers well enough. I've got a kiln that I can't get into
my house. It's been on my front porch wrapped in plastic, lowering property
values for a year now, becasue I'm not sure what to do. I could get it into
my back porch and I'm trying to figure out the feasibility of putting it
there.

First, the back porch is a wooden structure, about 8 feet wide and 5 feet
deep, with the adjoining wall to the house being made of brick. I could run
the wiring through to this wall. The advantage, is of course that venting
would be easy, it's not actually in the house. Disadvantages, this is
Canada and it regularly goes to -20 or -30 in the winter. So, how realistic
is this, what kind of insulation would be required to deal with the fact
that it's made of wood, what kind of clearance from wooden walls is needed
to keep it safe? etc.

I know people have commented on similar questions in the past and I'm
wondering if you'd mind repeating your advice! Thanks in advance.
Simon