Old July 14th 10, 01:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna D.

Default Filet Cross stitch

I looked at that but never found actual instructions. I really have to rush
this and put 2 pictures in one. The is the anniversary of scouting and the
emblem doesn't match the one in the book I bought so I am putting them
together. I thought I had more time to work on this but it looks like things
are falling in to place fast.
Thanks
Donna
"Susan Hartman" wrote in message
On 7/12/2010 7:28 PM, Donna D. wrote:
I have stitched over 2o years and never heard of this stitch. I am
starting
a new project. An Eagle scout for my son.Most of it are filet stitches.
Nothing says what it is. Something I probably know but by another name
maybe.
Thanks
Donna

Here's a photo of a chart of "filet cross stitch"

http://www.ecrater.com/p/1935876/cou...-cross-stitch#

The explanation says, "1983 Vanessa-Ann Collection booklet containing
cross stitch charts for a variety of filet cross stitch projects. Filet
cross stitch is a modern interpretation of filet brode' in that when the
project is complete, the background resembles a delicate net. This is
accomplished by stitching the background with only one strand of floss,
and the design area with enough strands to cover the fabric."

Another photo:
http://auctions.findtarget.com/detai...s_stitch_kits/

This one looks almost like you create a canvas with grid threads, cross
stitch over it, then withdraw original fabric threads. Almost like using
waste canvas? Is that the idea?

HTH,
Sue

--