Old July 13th 10, 03:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruth Plummer

Default Filet Cross stitch

Is it possible that you create a net then weave it like fillet lace? I
did two pieces from classes at the old CATS (Stitching Festival0 by
Marilyn of Stoney Creek in what she called "Lacis." First the fabric
was in a hoop because tension is vital. Then I back-stitched a VERY
tight line on the outside of the design area. Then (I think) every two
threads were cut and removed (cut-cut-leave-leave-cut-cut-etc.). Then
I anchored a waste know about two inches outside the area, then
wrapped a thread around each horizontal set of threads to make each
set of two threads look like one thick thread, Then the vertical
threads were done, but that incorporated the lace design. Basically
the technique was the same for fillet lace except you make the net.
The starting and ending threads were anchored by a design cross-
stitched close to the lacis area.