Old February 11th 04, 10:08 PM
AmazeR

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 03:11:44 -0800, Kandice Seeber wrote:

Well, it makes sense...however, art is completely subjective. There are no
two beads exactly alike, so it's harder to price fix. Computer parts and
insurance plans may vary form place to place, but have generally
identifiable values. A set of lampwork art beads can be seen as ugly and
worthless by one person and beautiful and worth a lot to another. Quality
is an issue, but is only part of the equation. And ebay is still a
capitalist environment. You absolutely cannot enforce or even imply a
general price fix on anything - even things which are the same.

Having thought about the BLF a little more, I am rather rapidly going off
the idea... As has been said not only in their thread but also in this
forum, choice of how one sells their beads affects the price. If *they*
don't like getting low $ for their beads, then don't choose the auction
arena. Plenty of good suggestions have been made as to alternative ways
of selling ones beads in the wc forum.. I hope some will take up these
suggestions and run with them...

I have never and never will agree with price fixing.. Very uncompetitive
IMHO

Mavis