Old January 16th 15, 01:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sharoncapps

Default Eyes

I tried those and couldn't use them. I could never get used to not being
able to see out of the sides of the glasses. I always keep my chart on the
right arm of my chair and I couldn't see it. I could only see what was
right in front of my eyes. It probably was just me but I never did adjust
to them.
Sharon in MN

"Danny Breidenbach" wrote in message
The eye doctor recommended progressive lenses (no-line bifocals). He said
it's likely like I'll feel back to normal with those. He also said I'm in a
bit of a Catch 22: magnifiers don't play nicely with progressive lenses, but
single-vision lenses will be a problem for me if I want to watch TV while I
stitch or use the glasses for any other purpose. And having a separate pair
just for stitching just doesn't hold any appeal to me, cost aside.

I'm supposed to get the new specs pretty soon -- definitely not a
Lenscrafters 1-hour quickie!