Old January 8th 15, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

Default Eyes

On 1/7/2015 5:28 PM, wrote:

It took a couple of days to adjust but they were fabulous. I guess
she gave me a prescription for short sightedness in one eye and far
sight in the other. Some people can't handle it but if your brain
overcomes it, they work like magic.

They're called monovision contacts. My coworker had them for years with
no problem and then she had lasik done the same way. I, OTOH, tried
them and my brain kept saying, "You have to see the same out of *both*
eyes!" Drove me nuts.

I had bifocal hard contacts for many years. I wanted to have lasik done
but I have the beginnings of cataracts and they suggested I wait until
cataract surgery is necessary, because then insurance would pay the
$3-4000. So now I'm back to contacts. This time I switched to soft,
extended wear lenses because they're cheaper than hard lenses now. I
can't get bifocal ones, so am stuck with distant vision lenses and wear
readers for up-close. All my efforts at getting rid of contacts *and*
glasses were for naught.

So, Danny, what was the outcome of your checkup (getting back to the
original topic!)?

--
Joan

See my pictures he