Old January 11th 11, 08:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default Pecan Pie recipe

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 11:33:07 -0700, Mary O'Neill wrote:

My mom was given a bunch of pecans and she wants to make a pie. The only
recipe I tried didn't turn out. We need a tried and true recipe if
anyone has one.

To stay on topic, I'm making my husband a quilt. It's the first one I've
made him, but not the first time I've sewn for him This is the first
quilt I've made in two years. Been ho hum about sewing over that time.
I've only been mending. I feel good about this though and have bought
even more fabric to add to my "To Do" list.

Tried and true for a first time pecan pie?
I would recommend buying a bottle of Karo syrup and using the recipe on
the label.
I prefer using dark, other people prefer the light.

If you manage to find a bottle without the recipe, here it is:

http://www.karosyrup.com/recipe_details.asp?id=485

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?