Old October 24th 16, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Default Writing my name

I always tend to think I can sew most anything I want to. So I watched a TV
show about using a pencil to write my name on a piece of cloth a size
larger than I will cut out.
and back it with a stablizer, lower the feed dog, place cloth under the
needle without the foot, use a narrow zig-zag, put both hands on each side
of the cloth to move it as I embroider my name and other words. I usually
practice moving my hands with NO cloth to get the feel, then use up 2 or 3
scraps until I think I can get it right to put on my quilt. My present
sewing machine will write the words for me, but not the size I want, so I
still do it this way. My scraps might be used as a pocket on summer shorts.
I also like the idea of using a straight stitch to write words.
Barbara in FL