Old April 10th 04, 08:56 PM
Julie

On 4/4/04 13:02, in article , "Marion
Pearcey" wrote:

I think any of us that still knit are older knitters, but it is a dying
art. There used to be three thriving machine knitting clubs in my area
(East Sussex) but they no longer exist. I still have loads of yarn to
knit up and if I need anything special I buy direct from Bramwell yarns,
no one locally sells it any more. Such a pity, but I could never
interest my daughters in machine knitting. And of course the youngsters
aren't intersted in anything other than sweatshirts now, at least from a
certain age. I still find that small children like the sweaters and
cardigans I make. I will keep plodding on.

And I'm really excited, I've bought the Passap I dreamt of back in the 1980s
and I'm going to design and knit all the stuff I never had time for when my
kids were young. Who knows * everything goes in cycles, perhaps it will
become fashionable again!