Old April 4th 04, 01:02 PM
Marion Pearcey

The message
from Julie contains these words:

I'm so out of touch, has machine knitting become a dieing hobby? My local
newsagents don't stock machine knitting magazines anymore. It used to be so
popular in the 1980's but I can't find any machine knitters now. Am I just
looking in the wrong places?

I think any of us that still knit are older knitters, but it is a dying
art. There used to be three thriving machine knitting clubs in my area
(East Sussex) but they no longer exist. I still have loads of yarn to
knit up and if I need anything special I buy direct from Bramwell yarns,
no one locally sells it any more. Such a pity, but I could never
interest my daughters in machine knitting. And of course the youngsters
aren't intersted in anything other than sweatshirts now, at least from a
certain age. I still find that small children like the sweaters and
cardigans I make. I will keep plodding on.

--
Marion