Old November 13th 09, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Gina Bull

Default Elastic bracelet

I've made quite a few stretchy bracelets. I use 0.5" or 0.7" cord,
whichever is right for the bead size and number of times I thread the cord
through a bead. I use an overhand knot, pulled down snug to the beads, then
put a couple drops of glue on the knot. I do not trim the ends of the line
until the glue has had a day to properly harden. I'd tell you what kind of
glue ... but it is at home and I'm not. I got it at my local bead store
especially for use with stretchy cord, though. It seems very similar to
superglue. I have never (knock wood) had a knot failure.

Gina in Virginia
http://www.webshots.com/user/ginainva

Barbara62 wrote:
Regarding elastic bracelets: I always worry about the knotting of
these. I am not happy with a square knot. It does not seem strong
enough. Also, do you use glue to help hold the knot? I would like to
know if there is any
other way people work with securing the elastic on bracelets? And
what size elastic do you recommend? Thanks. Barbara