Old April 15th 15, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat on the Green

Default Need a free newsgroup reader

Thanks very much indeed for this, Lizzy.
I did have a quick look to see the first steps, but I honestly haven't
had time to do the whole operation. Your steps are written so clearly,
that I am hopeful I (even I!) will be able to complete the process
successfully.
If I do make it work, I'll let you know by posting a message through the
system! I won't cancel my Giganews subscription until I do g

Pat on the green
..
On 14/04/2015 02:13, Lizzy Taylor wrote:

In my current version of Thunderbird:

From the menu bar select Tools-Account Settings

At the bottom left of the Account Settings window click on the button
marked "Account Actions" and select "Add Other Account".

The New Account Setup window should automatically have "Newsgroup
cccount" as the selected option.

Click Next

Fill in your screen name in the "Your Name" box and your email address
in the "Email Address" box

Click Next

In the Newsgroup Server box type news.aioe.org

Click Next

If everything looks correct click Finish, then click OK in the Account
Settings window.

news.aioe.org should now appear in bold in the left hand side of your
main Thunderbird window

Right click on that bold news.aioe.org and select Subscribe...

Wait a few moments for the list of newsgroups to appear in the list

Type quilting in the box marked "Show items that contain:" and
rec.craft.textiles.quilting will appear in the box below. Click in the
little square by rctq so that it is ticked and then click OK.

rctq should now appear under the bold news.aioe.org
click on rctq and the new messages should appear in your message list
(just like your emails do).

Read & enjoy.

Hope that helps

Lizzy