Old August 7th 05, 07:39 PM
jeanbaby

We packed bed linens in our dressers that way we knew exactly where they
were. We also did the colors for boxes and it worked pretty good. We had
movers though and I made a note of outside of boxes on important ones
....open me first....
Jeanbaby

"Ginger in CA" wrote in message
oups.com...
Boxes are your friends. As are felt-tipped markers, a clipboard, strong
tape, OTC painkillers, and lots of water.

Decide on two or three colored markers. Decide to group bedroom and
bathrooms in one color, kitchen in another color, etc. As you pack
boxes, number them in the color for that area. On your clipboard keep a
list of box number and the basic contents. this will help prevent the
hair-pulling and anguish of trying to locate something later that is
imperative to find ) Have two central receiving stations to put all
the boxes when you unload them. If you are using movers or friends, it
goes smoother if they simply stack boxes in one or two spots rather
than trying to figure out exactly where you want the box [yep, they
will put a green tagged box in a yellow tagged room, and you'll hunt
high and low for that green tagged box, convinced it ran away from
you!].

Remember to drink water, lots of it.

Remember the saying "Rome wasn't built in a day" and neither will you
move-in be done in a day. Don't try to do it, don't expect it of
yourself or your family.

Remember to pack a box that will contain your needed bathroom supplies
(TP, soap, toothbrush/paste, etc) for that first night, and keep it
handy. Oh, and include a nightlight in that box.

Hmmm, these are from my many moving experiences - some while moving,
some just expereinces that moved me )

Have a peace-filled/piece-filled day,
Ginger in CA