Old July 22nd 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Valerie in FL

Default OT front loading washers

It's interesting how peoples' experiences differ--I have all Whirlpool
appliances and I have never had a single problem.

I bought the Duet washer and dryer a few months ago and I have to say I love
them. My whites have never been so white-it's amazing that it only uses 1/3
cup of bleach. And I don't have to go to the laundromat anymore to wash my
quilts-it was worth it just for that reason.

--
Valerie in FL
My quilts: http://community.webshots.com/user/vjkahler

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
Taria wrote:

Time to upgrade my washing machine. Water going up 29% and I need to
reduce. The old machine (as Candice Olsen would say) doesn't owe anyone
anything. It has served long and hard. I'll take any good and bad
comments or things to watch for in the newer front loaders.

Oh, I prewash my fabrics so I guess this might be on topic : )
TIA, Taria

Things I like/find useful:

BIG door, for getting duvets and quilts in and out

Large load capacity (cheaper to was one large load than several smaller
ones! I usually have at least two dark loads each week!)

'A' rated for water/electricity consumption

Hot and cold fill (gas is cheaper than electricity)

Half load, light soiling and extra rinse options

Boil wash and 'hand wash' programs

Prewash option for very dirty things

1400+rpm spin

Been looking at LGS: will never house another Whirlpool appliance as long
as I get the choice.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!