Old February 8th 05, 01:05 PM
starlia

Copper foil and leaf does oxidize and that's why I love using it in hot
glass. You can get great effects layering it with silver foil or both of
those with enamels. If you have any white enamel melt that onto your work,
then layer silver and then copper. You want the turquoise affect to happen.
It's pretty cool and no one will know you used either copper or silver.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"Mike Beede" wrote in message

This is speaking of hot working. I've used silver leaf and
silver foil, picked up on a bubble. Some extremely cool
effects can occur. I picked up some copper leaf at the
same time. What the heck--it was cheap. However, I've
become convinced that it isn't really intended for hot
working, since it oxidizes entirely, even if it's
encased. In that case, it adds an interesting green
tint to the glass.

Perhaps I was misled by the fact that it was carried at
Olympic Color Rods into assuming it was for hot work.
Is it just intended for warm and cold applications?

Also, thanks for the suggestions in re. silver foil
sources. It seemed that there were a lot more sources
of strips than of sheets, which was what I wanted.

Mike Beede