Old September 15th 11, 11:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default OT Do you beat your head on the doctor?

I think you send the doc to Polly's gators. I have found generally docs
are looking to make a car payment with hysterectomies and such at
the drop of a hat. So many women have cysts and or fibroids and the
docs seem to take advantage of that as an option to make a few dollars
off of the situation. Hopefully that is what is going on with you NM.
Good luck with the testing. I am sending thoughts for a good and sooner
than later resolution to your health stuff. So far as the jewelry goes I am
no help there either.
Hugs, Taria

"NightMist" wrote in message ...

....or do you just beat the doctor?

I don't know about you, but hearing a doctor say, "Oh my, you are in
trouble." while palpitating your abdomen, is definitely on my top 10 list
of things I do not want to hear.

I walked in to the newly expanded clinic because menopause is kicking my
butt, DH is freaking out about it, and I have developed a hard swelling
where my internal girly parts are.
I walked out with three pages of lab orders, 4 procedure orders (two
ultrasounds, a mammogram and a chest x-ray), a follow-up visit in a week
(the labs and stuff have to be done before then), and being informed that
they are scheduling me an appointment at Roswell Park
(http://www.roswellpark.org/ No space aliens are involved) and will call
when they have it.

Apparently the hard swelling is a big old abdominal mass.

The appointment at Roswell is not anything to get up about. It is just
that they tried to make me an appointment with every gynecologist in
three counties but nobody would touch me. Either because there were
insurance conflicts, or because they would not take a brand new patient
that has an abdominal mass. So they said the heck with it, and are
sending me straight to the big guns.
In all likelihood it is either another ovarian cyst run amok because of
the hormonal changes, or possibly the small fibroids they found last time
I had such a cyst that have gone gargantuan for the same reason.
Besides as I told DH to calm him, 80 percent of the time an oncologist is
the person you see who tells you that there is no big problem.

Dang, I bet I have to buy new jewelry for my "lower" piercing. It is
really really hard to take a capture bead ring out of such a place
without wrecking the ring. *grump*

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?