Old May 15th 05, 05:29 PM
Stephanie Coleman

I am fairly new pottery, having gotten into it as a stress reducer from
corporate life in 1999. I do a little throwing (some call it turning in the
SE US) but mostly handbuilding. Last year I left the corporate world behind
and have promised myself to focus on pottery and gardening. Luckily, I
don't have to make .mortgage payments out of it, so I sell my work to cover
costs plus a little profit...I get my kicks from having folks like my work.
I have a web site www.fishstixonline.com that is under renovation, but you
can see some stuff.

I have exciting news - I entered my first juried artshow with one of my
large sculptures. (It's not on the website yet) Anyway the show was for
all visual media and I won second place overall. has a little cash prize. I
hope they buy the piece for their little garden though - but they probably
won't. I hope you don't me blowing my horn I have never won anything like
this before and I am really excited!

--
Stephanie Coleman
University of Phoenix Online

alt email:
706.467.9579
"annemarie" wrote in message
Its ages since we talked about ourselves, where we lived, what we do.
Bubbles and I were discussing it in the "revive a dead dinner bell"
thread. We thought it was a good ideas, so I will start.

I live in New Zealand in the Wellington Region.
http://www.wellingtonnz.com/ A site about wellington.
Unfortunately I do not have a website, my 20 yr old son has been meaning
to make one for me, he does computer programming, but its a bit like the
plumbers house with the leaking taps )
I teach pottery at a Waldorf (Steiner) school to 13 -14 year olds. Also
to adults a local art centre. I make one off pieces, usually thrown and
very decorated, sometimes altered. I enter these into exhibitions. I
have no intention or desire to attempt mass production.
I belong to quite a few pottery organisations, one of them being The New
Zealand Society of Potters. Here is their website
http://nzpotters.com/
Looking forward to hearing about lots of other people )
Annemarie