Old January 1st 05, 01:07 AM
melinda

Kalera Stratton wrote:
I think that one thing we should all realize is that, as many people
have died in these tsunamis, the potential for many times that many to
die of disease, starvation, exposure, and contaminated drinking water is
huge, and that is why aid is so desperately needed. 40,000 is actually
not that many people on a global scale, but this disaster could still
claim hundreds of thousands of lives if we (the global "we") don't get
it cleaned up fast enough.

last report I heard it had claimed 115 000 already and there's still
areas of Ache that have not been reached.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol