Old September 6th 10, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Default OT OT how to destroy

Back in The Olden Days I was a reserve police officer and the only female
officer in the department. I shot in the 96 percentile and that irked many
of the men. (Many wives refused to let their husbands work with me, too.)
LOL Good for you, Ginger! Strut your stuff and phooey on insecure men who
can't take the competition. They should try harder instead of refusing to
shoot with you..... ;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Ginger in CA" wrote in message
okay, the words on the link went right over my head, and Polly's also,
I suspect.

Physical destruction just feels better to the psyche and is proof
visual that the info is gone.

Too bad you don't live closer. Our local law enforcement are having a
shoot this Saturday, they could use the target. No, they won't let me
shoot with them. I told them I'll sign a waiver. But their response in
the negative has confirmed to my mind that they are afraid of being
beat "by a girl" - which is very likely.

Ginger in CA

On Sep 6, 6:00 am, "Dr. Zachary Smith"
wrote:
Such drastic measures aren't necessary. We've used a program (free)
used by many security agencies that wipes and overwrites every byte of
the drive so that nothing is recoverable - even by experts. See
this:http://www.zdnet.com/blog/storage/ho...hard-drive/129

and others:http://tinyurl.com/24axq2a

Then send the machine to be recycled rather than landfilled.

Doc

On Sep 5, 11:49 pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:

I need to destroy a computer. It's not that I'm angry or anything. I
just
need it destroyed to ashes.
There's nothing on it that would be particularly useful to the law
enforcement drones - just stuff that's personal and I don't want to
share.
Do I take a screwdriver and axe, disembody it and set the whole
thing on fire?
Years ago, a friend of DD's took one out to the police dept's firing
range and let them have a go at it. (That computer was a contrary mean
cruel worthless ornery ... well, you get the picture ... and it gave him
lot of pleasure to have it shot through.)
I don't need that level of killing; just want to know a 'safe' way to
obliterate everything on this one and make it gone, gone, gone. Polly-