Old September 6th 10, 02:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Default OT OT how to destroy

okay, the words on the link went right over my head, and Polly's also,
I suspect.

Physical destruction just feels better to the psyche and is proof
visual that the info is gone.

Too bad you don't live closer. Our local law enforcement are having a
shoot this Saturday, they could use the target. No, they won't let me
shoot with them. I told them I'll sign a waiver. But their response in
the negative has confirmed to my mind that they are afraid of being
beat "by a girl" - which is very likely.

Ginger in CA

On Sep 6, 6:00*am, "Dr. Zachary Smith"
wrote:
Such drastic measures aren't necessary. *We've used a program (free)
used by many security agencies that wipes and overwrites every byte of
the drive so that nothing is recoverable - even by experts. *See this:http://www.zdnet.com/blog/storage/ho...hard-drive/129

and others:http://tinyurl.com/24axq2a

Then send the machine to be recycled rather than landfilled.

Doc

On Sep 5, 11:49*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:

I need to destroy a computer. *It's not that I'm angry or anything. *I just
need it destroyed to ashes.
* * There's nothing on it that would be particularly useful to the law
enforcement drones - just stuff that's personal and I don't want to share.
* * * * Do I take a screwdriver and axe, disembody it and set the whole
thing on fire?
* * * * Years ago, a friend of DD's took one out to the police dept's firing
range and let them have a go at it. *(That computer was a contrary mean
cruel worthless ornery ... *well, you get the picture ... and it gave him a
lot of pleasure to have it shot through.)
* * I don't need that level of killing; just want to know a 'safe' way to
obliterate everything on this one and make it gone, gone, gone. *Polly- Hide quoted text -