Old September 6th 10, 02:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

Default OT OT how to destroy

Sorry, but no - reformatting isn't always enough, depending on the
determination of the prier (I had to check the spelling on that one).

On Sep 6, 8:33*am, "Nana.Wilson" wrote:
OH! *Polly, guilty of computer'cide'? *I'd just re-format the hard drive. *I
believe that wipes it all clean. *We give our ole parts away on Freecycle.

Nana

"Kate XXXXXX" wrote in message

On 06/09/2010 04:49, Polly Esther wrote:
I need to destroy a computer. *It's not that I'm angry or anything. *I
just need it destroyed to ashes.
There's nothing on it that would be particularly useful to the law
enforcement drones - just stuff that's personal and I don't want to
share.
Do I take a screwdriver and axe, disembody it and set the whole thing on
fire?
Years ago, a friend of DD's took one out to the police dept's firing
range and let them have a go at it. (That computer was a contrary mean
cruel worthless ornery ... well, you get the picture ... and it gave him
a lot of pleasure to have it shot through.)
I don't need that level of killing; just want to know a 'safe' way to
obliterate everything on this one and make it gone, gone, gone. Polly

Delete ALL files, including the operating system. *Format the disk. Then
take it out and break it up as Nel suggests.

Take the rest in for recycling.

--
Kate *XXXXXX *R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
http://www.katedicey.co.uk