Old September 2nd 10, 01:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default OT no brakes on Hurricanes

It seems to me that most of the hurricane preparation articles are written
by people who have never tried it themselves.
Many recommend filling your bathtub with water. That might work for a
few hours but if the rascal's drain leaks you are in big trouble. Polly

"Donna in Idaho"
Polly, that's a hint I've never heard before, but a good one. You're
right, flushing is good! I always have drinking water in jugs around (or
at least distilled water that I use for my CPAP machine), but never
thought of flushing water.

Donna in Idaho

"Polly Esther" ...
Hurricane weather folks are saying that too many are taking a cavalier
attitude about Earl. . . and mentioned that some areas of the east coast
haven't had a ferocious hurricane since 1991. Judy, I'm so glad that you
know the drill. Don't forget to put your kitchen trash can into the
bathtub and fill it with water. That will let you flush if you loose
power/water. Safe, warm and fed - those are good. So is flushing. Polly