Old May 19th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Chemo the Clown

Default Etching a complex design

On May 16, 6:14*pm, wrote:
Hello,
I have started some simple glass etching, and right now I am simply
using Armour Etch on top of contact paper. I trace a design onto the
contact paper, and then cut out areas out with a razor. It's
rudimentary, but it works. However, the design can only be cut so
finely before I either go insane or the contact paper stops sticking.
Does anyone know of some (DIY) methods of etching a more complex
design? Are there some photo-sensitive etch-resist substances I can
use, similar to the emulsion in screen printing maybe?

Try using an actual sandblasting resist, a much better adhesive than
contact paper...Venture makes several that you should be able to get
at any stained glass shop. You can use photo resist if you have the
equipment. Just Google photo-resist.