Old May 17th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Lauri Levanto

Default Etching a complex design

Steve Ackman wrote:
[...}

I did some etching using rubber cement as a resist
some years back. I don't recall the exact step-by-step
but the reason I went to rubber cement was for better
detail than contact paper/tape was providing.
{...}

I have not tried rubber cement yet, but I believe it works.
You can scibe it with a sharpened toothpick when it is still wet.
That way you can etch fine liens on clear.
If you want the other way round, clear lines on matte background,
you may try painting hot wax with a fine brush.

-laurt