Old October 26th 03, 10:24 PM
Sharon Harper

Maybe call it "Party in the Wilderness"?

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
"Hanne Gottliebsen" wrote in message
om...
I want to make a quilt for a friend of mine. It is going to be a
wilderness scene, since that is his passion (apart from his wife and
kids of course). I was going to call it Wilderness Kid.

Now the other day in the LQS I saw (and bought) the perfect Party
fabric, which I just knew right there I had to get to use for a pieced
backing for this quilt. My friend is a natural born party starter too.

So now I want to call it Wilderness Kid and Party Animal. Is this
unsuitable for a name for a quilt for a Dad with a young family? The
party fabric is with party hats, drinks glasses etc. Nothing indecent
or anything!

Anyways, this quilt seems to be turning more and more into a quilt for
my friend, rather than for him and his wife or the whole family. I
normally name the recipient(s) on the quilt label, but now I'm not
sure about this one. Put their names (husband and wife), his name
only, leave the name of all together???

Or change the title to make it less obviously for him?

I mean I'm sure they'd both enjoy the quilt and get a laugh out of the
reverse side of it too. But she would still no that I was hinting
towards his personality all the way. I do know both of them (and the
kids), but I volunteer with him, so naturally spend a lot more time
with him.

What do you guys think?

Thanks
Hanne