Old February 21st 04, 01:53 AM
Kandice Seeber

That's hard for me, because I often know pieces of art, but don't remember
the artist's name.

I know I love Mother Nature best of all - mostly for her very ordered, yet
sublime art that people sometimes tend to miss. The spiral, which is very
mathematically perfect and appears everywhere. Flowers which come in an
infinite number of colors and textures, and are symmetrical and subtle in
their design. Misty forests which feel soft and glowy in the early evening.
I know I love Vincent Van Gogh. Escher. S. Dali. Da Vinci. I like a lot of
the Rennaisance (?) period - paintings of curvy, goddess-like women. I love
anything slightly gothic or fairy-like, but know no well-known artists'
names.
I know I loved the arcitecture of the cathedrals I saw in Germany when I was
there in high school - as the Berlin wall was being taken down. I was
particularly awestruck by the massive cathedral in Koln - very gothic and
tons of intricate stained glass.
There's so much more, but my mind can't come up with them right now. And as
far as sound goes, I like so many, I can't mention them all here.
However, Dave Matthews Band's "One Sweet World" comes to mind as a definite
favorite.
--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Hi,
What non-beady-type artists have touched you deeply and contributed to

your
life? Have any of them inspired your overall aesthetic?
Who are your favorite artists in other genres? For example - architects,
photographers, painters, sculptors, musicians?

I know it's hard for me to choose, but some have just touched me in ways

no
others have.
Painters - Monet, Raphael, Edward Hopper, da Vinci, Pollock
Sculptors - Calder, Henry Moore, and the Renaissance crowd....
Architects - Gaudi! and Bucky Fuller
Photographers - Cunningham, Eisenstaedt, and Ansel Adams (the ususal
suspects....) oh, and my husband - Mark
Musicians/Singers - Jean Pierre Rampal, operatic tenors, Billie Holiday,
Eric Clapton, Van Morrison and the Wicked Tinkers...lol

and last, but not least, for overall inspiration - Mother Nature

There are more, but I wanted to keep the bandwidth low.

Best,
Deborah