Old February 21st 04, 12:35 AM
Karleen/Vibrant Jewels

I had an art teacher named Bea Robertson who taught at our local library for
free. She always sought to draw out our gifts, not to replicate her own. She
even let (well, encouraged) me to bring my children to class, and she loved
everything they did. One of my favorite pieces was a floral that I had
carefully drawn - probably too tightly - which my son took a red crayon to
while my back was turned. Happily his contribution caused me to end up with
a much looser composition! LOL I took classes from her for several years
before I even saw anything she created. She taught us to how to give and
receive an honest critique - and how to grow. I owe a lot to her, and miss
her, and haven't been able to paint since she died. I think she would have
enjoyed my excursions into jewelry though, especially free-form peyote.

Karleen Page/Vibrant Jewels
Vibrant Jewels Online Bead & Jewelry Store
http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
JustBead Auctions
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
PayPal Merchant Account
https://www.paypal.com/mrb/pal=7XJ98L86Z7S2C
"Deborah" wrote in message
Hi,
What non-beady-type artists have touched you deeply and contributed to

your
life? Have any of them inspired your overall aesthetic?
Who are your favorite artists in other genres? For example - architects,
photographers, painters, sculptors, musicians?

I know it's hard for me to choose, but some have just touched me in ways

no
others have.
Painters - Monet, Raphael, Edward Hopper, da Vinci, Pollock
Sculptors - Calder, Henry Moore, and the Renaissance crowd....
Architects - Gaudi! and Bucky Fuller
Photographers - Cunningham, Eisenstaedt, and Ansel Adams (the ususal
suspects....) oh, and my husband - Mark
Musicians/Singers - Jean Pierre Rampal, operatic tenors, Billie Holiday,
Eric Clapton, Van Morrison and the Wicked Tinkers...lol

and last, but not least, for overall inspiration - Mother Nature

There are more, but I wanted to keep the bandwidth low.

Best,
Deborah