Old August 10th 03, 03:30 PM
Scott Adams

Default organic tie-dye

Hi all,

Any suggestions/recommendations for tie-dyeing with beet juice? I read
somewhere that I should use store-bought canned beet juice for dyeing. What
about using the juice from fresh-cooked beets-would cooking them in a
pressure cooker help concentrate the color?

Do I need to soda ash to prep the fabric? It sounds caustic.... how
should I prepare cotton for tie-dyeing, and should I do something to set the
color after?

I've also read about using turmeric or blackberries...Any ideas on other
natural ingredients to achieve the rest of the rainbow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott