Old May 20th 06, 07:59 AM
Colleen57 Colleen57 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel breeze
Can you explain in a bit more detail what is happening? Does the main
yarn continue to knit, and the pattern yarn stop, or does it stop
knitting altogether?

What machine are you using? Might be worth hoovering the punchard slot
(if it's a punchcard) - could be dust bunnies!

ttfn

Jane
Hi Jane,

Thank you for taking the time to help it is appreciated.

I get to do the ribbing and knit and i have started with the first example in the instruction manual.

I have a singer 323 and 321 but am attempting the pattern on the 323.

I get to knit the pattern up to about the armhole length, then i remove the comb and put on the manual weights. The minute i do this there are certain needles that just sort of collect the yarn on the needle with every row knitted and these eventually clump up . I have tried to knit them manually and the minute i do this i am inclined to loose the pattern or the yarn just breaks.

I am using a tension 7 with a 4ply yarn.

Many Thanks
Col