Old July 2nd 05, 08:26 PM
BEI Design

"Alan Dicey" wrote in
message ...

The original poster asked a good open question and backed it up with
excellent references allowing Ron (from his experience) to answer
immediately and me (from my ignorance) to research some of the
background.

The Internet is a wonderful thing, and the information you get is
sometimes worth more than you pay for it.

The machine in question is badged Sew'N-Go. The manufacturer is
Sanshin, from the evidence of the serial plate. The dealer's
sticker is headed Nelco and claims Leon Jolson as its author.

It looks to me as if Leon Jolson *was* NELCO.

http://www.geocities.com/lamx/History.html

http://www.virtualnewarknj.com/memor...odianhouse.htm

Which would explain why the dealer sticker is headlined Nelco, and
how there came to be machines that were badged Nelco - he imported
and badged them.

Alan, you're a font of knowledge, thanks! What an interesting bit of
arcane information.

--
Beverly
delete nospam and .invalid to reply