Old March 13th 19, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Hello RCTQ

What projects are you all working on? I am currently nearing the end of a double-headed doll (very popular in Victorian times). It has two dolls, joined at the waist. When the top doll is visible, the bottom doll is hidden under the dress. Flip the dress over, and the bottom doll is visible.

I made a Little Red Riding Hood/Big Bad Wolf double-doll for my niece when she was 9. Well, she's 25 now, and lets her 2-year-old son play with it. So I'm making another one: Mary on one side/Lamb on the other. Or it could be Little Bo Peep and a Sheep. It's flexible.

It's very springy - the sheep is wearing a grass-green dress, and Mary is wearing a lavender blouse and a yellow pinafore with pink and green flowers. Very cute. I hope that my great-nephew enjoys it - and now he has a new sister too! Maybe he'll share?

-- Jo in Scotland