Old November 3rd 11, 01:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default Quilt Bible Cover

I have photos of one I made many years ago. There are no directions,
but it's basically a 'placemat' making process with two inserts
(stiffened with medium weight fusible interfacing) on the inside to
slide the book's covers into each side plus a piece of trim for a
bookmark- which is sewn at the top edge before binding the raw
edges. The front/back could be decorated with a pieced area, an
insert of fabric like I did or an applique design. A label or some
writing could be added to the insert to personalize it. You could add
something for ties or a flap with Velcro at the sides before binding,
too, if you wanted the cover to secure the book.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/575588519cmLPzl

Good luck with your project!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

On Nov 1, 1:26*pm, Carlee Clove
wrote:
My nephew is getting baptized one month from today and I really want to
successfully create a home sewn bible cover for him. This probably isn't
too difficult but I still feel like such a beginner at sewing. So, I'm
here for some help. I'm trying not to put too much stress on myself
because if it ends up not working out then I will just have to buy one.
I saw some 'bible covers' (http://www.dicksonsgiftshop.com/bible-covers)
at this site when I was running out of options for my niece but we will
see what happens. I would like to try to make one also. Thanks for the
advice!

--
Carlee Clove