Old November 2nd 11, 04:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

Default Quilt Bible Cover

Den 01-11-2011 19:26, Carlee Clove skrev:
My nephew is getting baptized one month from today and I really want to
successfully create a home sewn bible cover for him. This probably isn't
too difficult but I still feel like such a beginner at sewing. So, I'm
here for some help. I'm trying not to put too much stress on myself
because if it ends up not working out then I will just have to buy one.
I saw some 'bible covers' (http://www.dicksonsgiftshop.com/bible-covers)
at this site when I was running out of options for my niece but we will
see what happens. I would like to try to make one also. Thanks for the
advice!

Does it need to be what seems to be traditional with a zipper and
handles and all?

For a book cover, I like this method:
http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/2010/03/...ool-notebooks/

I've used that a few times for notebooks and for little guidebooks that
were about to take a beating at camp. Also made it easy for everyone to
identify the owner of the book :-)

Hanne in DK