Old January 3rd 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Melissa in NJ

Default OT Read your bill

Several years back I didn't pay much attention to my statements. I just
spent less money than I brought in. It was going into Christmas time. I
was purchasing like crazy and was accustomed to living on very little
after all the purchasing. Then came January and I was paying bills off
from Christmas...so still used to having not too much money. Then
February. All bills paid...WHY did I have so little money in my
account?!?! Well, after reviewing my account from Late November through
to February I had very very small charges on my account for online
porn. CHarges like $4.99, $1.99, $3.99. Amounts that while shopping and
bill paying I never noticed missing because I didn't look at my
statements and didn't balance my checkbook. Well it snowballed and
snowballed until I was getting socked with tons of little charges that
all ultimately totalled a little over $2000!!!!!!! I can tell you with
like nine million phone calls and a lot of pretty funny phone
converstaions about online porn site I HAD NOT visited (imagine two
serious adults listing off fetish porn site names) I did manage to get
every single penny back between financial processors and my bank. I
then bought a sewing machine with my "forced savings"!!!!

Moral of the story is I now log into my bank account once a day and
check my accounts.

Melissa in NJ

Polly Esther wrote:
If you do online shopping, pay very close attention to your bill. I just
took a hit for $1,200 worth of software. Me? Yeah, right . . . I'm the one
who's still learning to take pictures of my thumb with the telephone. What
on earth would I do with a $1,200 software package? Fortunately, my nice
credit card company also knew that such a purchase was highly unlikely and
slammed the credit card account shut. Unfortunately, I had ordered a
beautiful navy blue dress that was 70% off. Now it's no longer available.
(sigh). Read your bills very carefully. Polly