Old June 5th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kay Lancaster

Default Dress Help

With the help of my teacher, I'm trying to make a strapless dress, and
I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me advice about how to
include a built in bra/corset. It's already going to have the corset
back, but I need help with putting a little extra support in the front.

If you can find a copy of Threads magazine from
http://www.taunton.com/back-issues/th_toc_046.asp
April/May 1993, Kenneth King has a very good article in it. He also
has a video called "Birth of a Bustier" that is undoubtedly excellent...
I haven't seen it, but everything I've read that he's done has been
fascinating and thorough.

Other possibilities include Susan Khalje's book Bridal Couture and (iirc)
Roberta Carr's book on couture sewing, and Claire Shaeffer's couture book.

One of the bigger issues may be getting proper boning.
http://www.taunton.com/threads/pages/t00165.asp

Kay