Old November 10th 11, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default batting suggestions with help?

My mom had a similar story about a sweater she knitted. It was a sad
thing.
The day my mom died her washer did too. I swear she took it
with her she so disliked anyone messing with it. It was really a weird
thing.
I never have used silk batting and I doubt I'd use it for any baby
quilt other than something maybe heirloom quality. I'll need grandkids
for that. : )
Taria

"Polly Esther" wrote in message ...

Occasionally I mention quilts needing to survive 'Daddy helps with laundry'.
This is long but let me share it with you. When we just had our firstborn,
Mr. Esther helped. Here's how. He put baby clothes, white towels and his
work clothes into the washer. Dry. Well, except for wet diapers. Then he
poured in a generous cup of bleach. Added a CUP of detergent and set the
washer for Hot. You don't even want to know the results.
Anyhow, I'm not so sure about doing a crib quilt with a silk
batting. It sounds so lovely but could it survive 'help'?