Old August 31st 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Default wrapping prezzies and other uses for fabric :))

In Japan people carry furoshiki with them most of the time. (According
to DH.) This is the usual way of carrying all sorts of things there. He
did bring home several furoshiki when he visited there. They are very
practical as well as nice looking.

Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Sally Swindells wrote:
nzlstar* wrote:
http://www.env.go.jp/en/focus/attach/060403-5.html

http://ravengrrl.blogspot.com/2006/1...furoshiki.html

have a look when you've time and tell us what you think about this use
of fabric.
hmmmmmm
jeanne

I did wonder about the suggestion that you wrap groceries in one. Just
wonder what the reaction would be at my local supermarket if I produced
a tablecloth size piece of fabric and proceeded to wrap my purchases in it!

I do try to avoid plastic bags, but use homemade cotton bags instead,
not a 'tablecloth'!