Old March 5th 04, 01:18 AM
..Mickie Swall..

Only a quilter enjoys washing & ironing & folding & arranging
new quilting fabric, but hates doing household laundry.

"Denise Jameson" wrote in message
Hi gang!

I was sent this today - thought I would post it all here as I know you
all can identify! :-)

Denise in Ontario, Canada

Loose Threads

============

Only a Quilter by Tom and Madge Powis, June 2003

We've all heard the classic line that only a quilter would take yards
and yards of material, cut it into little pieces and then sew them
back together again. While this statement is true and a little funny
to think about, it doesn't even scratch the surface of the things that
only a quilter would do.

* Only a Quilter would spend more hours sewing several hundreds of
buttons on a quilt to embellish it, but wouldn't take five minutes to
replace a button on a pair of pants.

* Only a Quilter would give the gift of a wedding quilt two months
after the birth of the couple's second child.

* Only a Quilter would put hundreds of dollars worth of fabric into
her fabric stash because she might find a use for it sometime, but
wouldn't replace a 50-cent needle on her sewing machine.

* Only a Quilter would let three later-arriving patients go ahead of
her at the doctor's office because she is on the verge of completing a
block.

* Only a Quilter would rush to finish a gift quilt. Not so it's done
in time for the recipient's birthday, but so it's done in time for
Show and Tell.

* Only a Quilter would make a special quilt to give to her son, who
would then have to attend quilt shows just to see it.

* Only a Quilter would use freezer paper in the production of
something to keep someone warm.

* Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
"Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room.

* Only a Quilter invites everyone to see her sewing room, then says,
"Don't look at the mess."

* Only a Quilter says, "I really don't need another project," then
offers to make a quilt for a friend.

* Only a Quilter will buy more than she'll ever need of one fabric for
her stash, but slightly less than is needed of another fabric to
complete a project.

* Only a Quilter would give a quilt book to the guild auction then bid
on it to get it back.

* Only a Quilter would drive 40 miles in a hurricane to attend a quilt
show, but call out to have her dinner delivered because it is
drizzling.

* Only a Quilter's family would put up with, understand and love a
quilter.