Old November 20th 08, 01:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default OK - I QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not OT - stupid Baby LockQuest Minus

Lizzy Taylor wrote:
Musicmaker wrote:
I wish I could, Taria. The nearest dealer, who has been very helpful
in working as a mediator between me and BL, had never even seen a
quest until I brought mine in. There is an example of one of the few
disadvantages to living in rural midwest. I'm returning it, and
editing the letter as Polly has suggested. I believe that this is the
same machine. 3 reasons.
1st - it's doing exactly the same thing as the other one
2nd- I kept one of the screwdrivers that came with the original quest
cause it was so short and useful. The new machine came missing the
short screwdriver.
3rd, - the manuals are the same as came with the original.

I know a little bit about how appliances are replaced - the
replacement comes off the shelf, complete with all the extras that go
with it - they don't unpack the new one, trade the manuals, remove a
screwdriver, repack it and send it out.

I believe they only tuned up the original, slapped some pretty new
stickers on it that say plus, and gave it back to me.

I must say it smells bad from here. Did any of the documentation you
kept have a serial number for the machine itself (rather than the model
number) on it? That way you could compare with the one in your hands.

Lizzy

Yes, do that if you can. Good luck!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!