Old November 24th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Default FINNALY KNitting is back in BIG

Thanks Johanna!

the Furrsome Threesome wrote:
I work with one of those sports-jock-nerd types who was having the
hardest time getting dates for a while (he's now engaged to a
sports-jock-nerd girl). He used to refer to having to overhear my
textiles discussions as something that was somehow "demasculating "
(sic- his word) to him.

I pointed out once that if he wanted to hook up with more girls,
knitting or quilting might be good activities to look into. It didn't
go anywhere with him, but it's fun to watch them be all threatened and
indignant when you make those suggestions.

Good for you, Dennis. One of the best knitters I know IRL is my
spousal unit's good friend, a wonderful man who went absolutely to town
on this gorgeous lacey outfit for his baby daughter. He's the first
person I thought of for advice when I decided to re-start my
stick-and-string habit - not just a guy who picked up knitting, but
some of the most skilled I've seen in a while.

Johanna

Georgia wrote:
Here, for men, knitting is supposed to be a chick magnet...

Georgia

"R. Bledsoe" wrote in message
"Spike Driver" wrote in message
Rita,

If I was not a man I don't believe I would get such stares. It does not
bother me. If I have something small to finish I take it with me.

Before
became ill and quit driving I would sit and knit once in a while.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Ah - now I understand. Well historically you have a of company.

Centuries
ago after knitting was introduced into Europe, men were the knitters and
their wives, the spinners. Examples of their work that exist are quite
beautiful Happy knitting!

Rita