Old November 23rd 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

Default The weather is frightful - thankfully!

Padishar Creel wrote:
This a great idea thank you so much. Your idea stimulated the thought
of adding some crochet fringe to some pillow cases as well...

Padishar Creel

Most of my pillowcases have crocheted lace on the edge. I find size 20
is a good weight of thread to use for this, whereas size 30 is best for
handkerchief edgings. I just experiment with steel crochet hooks until
I find the size which makes the lace look the way I want it - it is
amazing the difference it makes when you go up or down a size.

Other things you can do with finer cotton threads are detachable collars
for blouses and dresses; placemats and tablecloths, handbags (they need
to be lined) and grocery shopping bags (using coarser thread).

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.