Old November 23rd 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Padishar Creel

Default The weather is frightful - thankfully!

This a great idea thank you so much. Your idea stimulated the thought
of adding some crochet fringe to some pillow cases as well...

Padishar Creel

R. Bledsoe wrote:
"Padishar Creel" wrote in message
ups.com...
When it is cold and rainy outside I really rev up my knitting/crochet
activity.. I have 4 projects, presently, going on at the same time!
However, they are all knitting and I am hankering (slang for wanting) a
challenging crochet project.

I am looking for something unusual to crochet. Not that I am bored
with afghans, wash cloths, dish cloths, and the like, but how about
something different for a change?

If you have an idea of a project that would be something new and
exciting, please share it with me?

I have done a few project Linus things and chemo caps (those were
knitted) but now I am intrigued with the idea of something I could make
that would be helpful or useful to someone.

Thanks, in advance, for your kind inputs for this ole man and his
addiction to the yarn arts.

Padishar Creel

One that I particularly enjoyed was crocheting trims for curtains using
Irish crochet techniques. I attached them to the hems of plain curtains - to
the machine stitching. Rather pretty since Irish crochet produces a rather
bold dimensional pattern. Also made edgings for tablecloths.

Also enjoyed crocheting summer sweater and shell sets. Not particularly new
or exciting, but useful.

Rita