Old November 23rd 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default FINNALY KNitting is back in BIG

Dennis for years , womaen knitted here everywhere, and esp in public
knittings in the Kibboets, or even in the university in lectures ,
than Suddenly it disappeared , and since i went on knitting i got
sated at and REMARKED at ,,,,, from nice to stupid remarks ,, now it
is coming back , and nobody says much anymore , thus iwas so glad ,,,
mirjam [ps i don`t know many local men who knit],,

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
Rita,

If I was not a man I don't believe I would get such stares. It does not
bother me. If I have something small to finish I take it with me. Before
became ill and quit driving I would sit and knit once in a while.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Ah - now I understand. Well historically you have a of company. Centuries
ago after knitting was introduced into Europe, men were the knitters and
their wives, the spinners. Examples of their work that exist are quite
beautiful Happy knitting!

Rita