Old November 21st 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Default FINNALY KNitting is back in BIG

Rita,

If I was not a man I don't believe I would get such stares. It does not
bother me. If I have something small to finish I take it with me.
Before became ill and quit driving I would sit and knit once in a while.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

R. Bledsoe wrote:
"Spike Driver" wrote in message

I knit and crochet at the doctors office often.

The men really give me some crazy looks, it does on bother me. Once and a
while I will wink and smile at them, Gail gets mad when I do that but the
men look the other way

I wasn't aware that knitting or crocheting in public was problematic these
days. When I was a kid - a l-o-o-ong time ago - it was so common. I can even
remember seeing a woman tatting as she walked down the street. A real feat.
However I recall knitting while waiting in a dentist's office recently and
two little girls watched me with fascination as if they had never seen the
process before. I believe they never had. Of course handiwork was once more
of a necessity than a hobby as it is these days.

Rita